Chim's Hot Chilli Margarita Cocktail Recipe
February 14th. The day for sharing extra love with those you love. And we aren't just talking partners, we are talking friends, family - in your respective bubbles OR on zoom - and sharing love with yourself (super important) SO! We thought of sharing a drinks recipe for this special day that you can create for those you love. For this, we reached out to our friends at the incredible Chim's Thai restaurant located in Sutton. (If you're lucky enough to be close by to order in, we implore you to!) So get your cocktail glasses out and read the below receipe on how to make a Chim's Frozen Hot Chilli Margarita Cocktail.
- Birdseye Chilli
- Palm sugar (optional)
- Fine white sugar
- Tequila, Jose Cuervo Gold Tequila
- shaker/ smoothie maker/ Nutribullet
- Chop two chillies into small pieces and set aside.
- Step two: Add two half moons of palm sugar (or 4 tablespoons of sugar) and 100ml of water to a saucepan.
- Add in your chopped chillies and allow the mixture to simmer.
- Once the water has reduced by about 50%, pour the mixture into a cup and leave aside to cool.
- Chop and squeeze your limes to make between 50-75ml of lime juice.
- Start assembling your cocktail! Grab a cocktail shaker or Nutribullet mixer (any smoothie maker will work!) Add in 100ml Tequila, 50ml Contreau, 50ml lime juice and two tablespoons of sugar.
- Add in 30ml of your hot chilli syrup mixture. Make sure you get a couple of pieces of chilli for a little extra colour to your cocktail.
- Top up the shaker or mixer with lots of ice and get mixing!
- Pour out your cocktails in two of your favourite glasses!
- Voila. :)